Saturday, April 27, 2013

Heaven is on Earth

These past couple of weeks have been amazing!

I had the unique experience of going to New York City for choir tour. We got an amazing chance to sing at Carnegie Hall. We sang come thou fount. The spirit was so strong. I felt that we shared our testimonies through music. It reminded me of how much I want to serve a mission. I also could feel my grandpa right next to me singing the words with me. He died when I was young and I prayed for him to be there and I know he was.

My roomates were Briana, Jordan, and Maddie. We had a blast and some crazy times. I loved bonding with these girls because they are possibly some of the funniest girls i've ever met.

We also saw wicked in New York which was fantastic. I loved loved loved it!

The next item of business.

I found out about 3 weeks ago that I could have the opportunity to replace someone on a team from my gym and travel to Florida for worlds. It was a really hard decision because prom was the same night and I already had a date. I prayed about it and thought a lot on it and decided the right choice would be to come to Florida. (Not saying prom would have been bad I would have LOVED it with my rockin date Biggie) but i'm so grateful for this opportunity.

Let me explain something.

Before you go on the nerves inside your stomach are like a knot that is screaming 'don't move! You can't do this. you're not good enough' it takes so much courage to drop this feeling. The funny story tonight was right before we said team prayer the team was like " Nikki! You'll be a missionary so you can pray. " After like 4 people wouldn't say it. I politely declined insisting someone who has been on the team all year should say it. It was just funny how the whole team knew that when I don't even talk about it that much to them! I'm happy they see me as a missionary in training, even if I get grouchy and have all my flaws when it comes to staying nice and missionary like. Anyway.

Stepping onto that mat was incredible. The whole arena was full and people were screaming. We walked on waving and smiling. The minute when the music starts makes your heart drop. It's a very uncertain time and you begin to pray and wish everything will work out alright. Those 2 1/2 minutes meant everything to us. Especially at the biggest competition in the world -- WORLDS. We got to push through all doubts and fears and show Florida all that we have worked for. Walking off that floor was something i'll never forget. It was my special privilege to perform after cheering for my whole life. It was the perfect way to end my cheer career.

Well obviously the past couple of weeks i've been seeing the East Coast but coming up my travels will all be to the West Coast. Graduation is pretty much in 1 month!! I can't believe it. And then i'm off to a summer of traveling and then BYU. Life is catching up really fast and I can't believe i'm going to college so soon.

And THEN A MISSION.

Ah. Ah. Ah.

-Carry On-

No comments:

Post a Comment