Monday, November 10, 2014

Hermana Schmidt's Week 7 Letter 11/10/14 (we didn't get a week 6 letter because of her transferring)

From her mom (me):
I had a chance to email her back and forth for a few minutes and asked her about her meeting with her mission president and her response was the following which I thought was so touching:  And my meeting was incredible... First he said as a mission president he had the ability to see someone´s potential and he already knew I would be a leader my whole mission for him. And then I asked him for a blessing and in it he said my future kids are with me every step of my mission.... and that was just incredible. I sobbed like a baby through that one for sure!”.  She is missing home and missing her family (11 days was a long time to wait to email) so I consider this meeting with him a huge blessing in helping her through the harder days J  Enjoy reading about her week!

Dear Family and Friends,

The keyboards are really hard to use here but I will do my best to write as much as possible. Sorry it´ll be more of an update this week rather than a spiritual thought because i´m getting used to the time and everything.

So first to finish off the CCM. AH. I miss the CCM and my district so much!!! I for sure had the best district (plus CCM family) in the universe. Last monday we had orientation all day which was boring, except that Elder Wood kept taking over the translators mics and would make funny comments during breaks. That´s the only thing that kept me alive during that day because it was so long. That night we had a district testimony meeting in spanish and the gift of tongues is real! Everyone´s spanish was amazing. Then my district did a musical number at the last family prayer and then said goodbye (through many tears). It was like saying goodbye to my family all over again. 

But for my first area! I am in Los Frailes! My comp. is Hna Fletcher and she has been on the mission for 15 months!! She is amazing at spanish and just the best trainer I could ask for. It´s fun that she´s going home soon too because she is going to visit you family and tell you things from me and such. She is fantastic and I couldn´t ask for a better first comp. in the field. 

In the first 24 hours she challenged me to give baptismal committments. And FOUR people in the first 24 hours of my mission accepted the invitation to be baptized!!! What a miracle. And a great way to start off the mission. OH AND ELDER TATE IS MY ZONE LEADER. I see him everything Thursday.

One man we are teaching is named Choubert and he is from Haiti. He is super interested and great friends with one of the recent converts, Alex. Both of them are total jokers but we have great lessons with them. Choubert will be baptized the 29th. 

So RAINSTORMS this week were huge!!! I couldn´t sleep because of all the thunder but it was pretty cool. The kids have slipnslides here but it´s on the concrete, not on nice material. It´s funny to watch them sliding down the sidewalk. 

Calli, I have a boy i´m setting you up with. His name is michael and he is your age, and is the best kid in the ward. He offers to go to lessons with us and is such a great example. He´s the most active member in his family. But I told him after his mission and showed him your picture so if that works out in the future, I am the bomb at matchmaking :). Jokes Jokes (kind of). 

The highlight this week was teaching Arlette, a 13 year old whose dad died in September. My spanish really kicked in and I promised she would see her father again and apparently she has been putting off baptism but after I talked with her she finally accepted to be baptized!!! It was amazing and the spirit was just so strong. It was such an amazing blessing. 

So I don´t have much time so i´ll just tell you a bit about my house and stuff. Bucket showers that are ice cold have really made me grateful for the CCM showers and showers in UT. But it´s been very humbling. Our home is right by the ocean and is nicer than most of the homes here so it´s really cool and a great experience. I have a dog... kind of he is a dog by the house and I named him feo or ugly. Which was funny. It´s a great area with a great ward who all is happy to help us. 

I have no time for personal emails and I am so sorry but I love you all!!!!!!! Thanks for your emails and your support. They are great strength for me.

Hurrah for Israel!!


Hermana Schmidt 

Goofing off with their teacher

Her district

A photo with Elder Wood, the Elder that keeps everyone laughing

Her first day in the Field

The mosquito nets on their windows

Her roommates at the CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment