Monday, April 6, 2015

Hermana Schmidt Week 28 Letter 04/06/15

(For those of you that don’t know what “Dengue” is like I didn’t, it is “Dengue Fever” and it is carried by mosquitos and is a painful fever that is debilitating for a short time.  She has assured me that she is covered in mosquito repellent at all times but also more likely to get it now if a mosquito bites her companion and then her.   Bunney)

From: Nicole Schmidt [mailto:nicole.schmidt@myldsmail.net]
Sent: 04/06/2015 11:57 AM
Subject: Dengue Home

Hola a todos!! 

First off, happy birthdays to my brother in law Spencer, my sister Sarah, and my cousin Lisa!!! I love you all so much and I hope it's great!! 

Yes, you read that correctly. Dengue has entered the home, and my poor dear companion has it! But she is getting better. I'm still sick and we aren't sure with what, but we will know shortly!

But oh my lanta, was that not the best conference EVER!?!!! Definitely lifted our spirits after being stuck inside for 2 weeks. 

AND HAITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You guys that's totally my island. Not my country, but island. AH. Another temple here in the Caribbean!! We have Haitians in our ward and they were just REJOICING. I don't think you can understand how big of a blessing this is without seeing the faithful determination of Haitian saints. Just exquisite. 

There were so many things I loved, but first I want to explain how I did conference this time because I did it a little differently. Normally, I am scrambling to write down everything they say but I decided to write the things I love the very most, and focus on my personal commitments from every single talk. That made my conference experience 1000x sweeter! It was like every talk was exciting and truly personal for me, because the spirit was guiding me on things I could do better. Among the many, I am really trying to focus on serving. I think I could do a lot better on shifting my focus on others, so I've been trying to find little ways to serve. I'm not perfect, or near it, but just this little progress has made a huge difference!!  I loved (I think it was Sister Burton) what one woman in conference said ''When we seek to complete rather than compete, there is so much joy to be found'' HOW TRUE!! How much different would the world be if we all set out to complete rather than compete!? Ah. I loved it!! My favorite talk was probably the one about the Atonement and how it can change us with the quote ''Twas I, but Tis Not I''. I thought of specific goals I could make and being healthy on what I eat came to my mind. That's my new motivation quote!! How wonderful that we can change and grow in this life, and that the Atonement helps with even the smallest of things! 

My email will be short again, however I wanted to give my testimony of the Savior. I have never seen him, but I KNOW He lives. I share my testimony with those given at conference, and I testify that he lives to bless us, to lift us, to heal us, and change us. I am so grateful for his sacrifice for me, his great atoning sacrifice, that he was willing to suffer and die for me. But more, I am so very grateful that He LIVES for me. He is the Christ. He is my Christ. He is your Christ. And his love will never fail us. This is his church, and of these things I testify In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Hurrah for Israel!! :)

-Hermana Schmidt 

Caves with Hermana Greenstreet
All English Conference Room

Caves

Caves

Caves and Name Tag

Caves and Name Tag

Caves and Name Tag

Caves

Cave Entrance

HB to Caroline Late

HB to Sarah and Spencer

Nikki and her junior high choir teacher Miss Kingman





No comments:

Post a Comment