Monday, March 30, 2015

Hermana Schmidt Week 27 Letter 03/30/15

From: Nicole Schmidt [mailto:nicole.schmidt@myldsmail.net]
Sent: 03/30/2015 12:06 PM
Subject: Smith is a member of the church!! :)

Hola a todos! 

Well this week was great (mostly because of Saturday night)!! And i'm sorry but this will be a really short email because literally, Hermana Greenstreet and I fell ill this week and have been barely able to leave the house :( Other than the baptism and we went to some really cool caves this morning, we've really struggled working and walking all day, so we've had to take a couple of days off. 

But!! Smith was baptized on Saturday!! The baptism went great without a hitch!! Can you believe it? There is always a baptism disaster, but not this one. Everything was perfect. Hna. Greenstreet and I were tearing up the whole time!! It was so so so so cool seeing Kevin baptize Smith!! My two little brothers. So proud :') Hna. Given and I did a special musical number, I played the guitar and she sang and we did the tune to "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" with the words from "Senor, Te Necesito" in spanish. It ended up going really well, even with my 6 months of not playing the guitar looming over my head. It was fun playing, sad giving the guitar back to a member. Sigh. :)

Other than that, like I said we were dying this week. Just a bad cold gone wrong. But! We are getting better, and it's great that we were both sick because it's so much harder just having one companion be sick and having the healthy one be stuck at home. So, there are pros and cons to having companions. Pros: Having Hermana Greenstreet as my companion. Cons: Getting eachother sick.  

I am just so happy and I know this church is true!!! I can't believe Hna. Greenstreet and I hit SIX MONTHS this week!!!! It's crazy how fast time is flying. Wasn't I just writing about 5 months? Ug, the time. It goes way too fast, even when you're sick. 

I'm so grateful to be a missionary!! It is the best ever!!! I'm sorry this is so short, but I promise next week we will have a lot more updates!! 

I love you all!! Hurrah for Israel!! :)


Hna. Schmidt :)

Kevin and Smith and the 4 roommates

Hermana Schmidt and Hermana Greenstreet and Smith and Kevin

Smith

Nikki with Smith and Kevin

Smith and Kevin

Another of Hermana Schmidt and Hermana Greenstreet and Smith and Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment