Monday, June 22, 2015

Hermana Schmidt Week 39 Letter 06/22/15

From: Nicole Schmidt [mailto:nicole.schmidt@myldsmail.net]
Sent: 06/22/2015 11:52 AM
Subject: Rubbing Some Good Old Feet And Going To The Hospital

Hola a todos!! 

Happy birthdays to my 2nd cousins Ellie and Everett, and my aunt Lorelei! I hope you all have so much fun celebrating!! :) 

We had great intercambios with our STLS. I stayed in our area with Sister Curtis, who's family is now in Orem!! She went to Lakeridge but afterwards moved but now her family is back and will have 1 sister at MVHS and one sister at Lakeridge next year. Basically she is AMAZING! And we are also best friends! I am very blessed with incredible leaders. (hopefully her mom is on FB or something, shout out to her family. Your daughter is awesome!)

So this week was full of trials but also FULL of miracles! The coolest part of the mission has been seeing the Lord's hand work wonders in our lives and the lives of others seriously every single day. I can't remember a day I haven't felt the help of the Lord. He truly is wonderful! 

So to start with the bad, and go to the good. My comp. has had some stomach issues and it got really bad one day so we took her to the hospital to get some tests done. While there she ended up throwing up (luckily we were in the right place at the right time!) and getting reallllyyyy sick that day. Thankfully we were only in the hospital for a couple of hours and she got some medicine and is doing a lot better. I also had my round of migranes come back and had to go see some doctors for that, but thankfully have some good medicine to help them. Health has not been my #1 strength on the mission, but it's okay! I have seen so many blessings from all the little trials along the way, and there's always a big miracle that follows these little trials! (sometimes the miracle is just a boost of strength in a moment of need or something like that, who knows! But it comes). 

But! 

We are on an uphill and the Lord is surely showing us WONDERFUL blessings after a couple of hard days. Jose Miguel didn't get baptized BUT HE set a for sure baptismal date for July 11th. He says he is 100% about this date. He also said, ''I just know it's true. And I can feel it is good. I want you to know that when you both leave from this area, you helped someone here who is truly converted to the gospel.'' How truly wonderful!! 

We also met a new YSA aged girl who agreed to get baptized named Lizbet. She just needs to go to church, but she's brand new to learning about the church and says she has always been looking for the truth and always wanted to know which church is true and is finally feeling like she's finding it! 

We also are teaching a man named Juan Enrique who was a reference from a new convert in the church. He has a whole family and he is SO prepared and interested in the church! He loves our doctrine on the family and temples. We had a super powerful lesson with him and he can't wait to come to church and learn more. Yay for families! 

Now for my title rubbing feet. We are teaching an 80 year old woman with cancer named Candida. Well last night we taught her with the RM who recently reactivated that i've talked about lately and we taught her about true conversion and the story of Alma. The RM shared his story of his reactivation and conversion and the importance of hope and helping others (super cool!). After the lesson we sang to her and rubbed her feet with lotion. As we were bursting in song to, ''Gloria, gloria, alelujah, gloria gloria alelujah!!'' (i'm not sure if it's the same in english) but just bursting out, kind of like a bonfire family night or something, I was taken back by how happy I was to be a missionary. Being lost in the service of others. How truly fortunate I WAS to be in a different country, with a wonderful woman, able to see the spirit and service touch her life. It was something so very special. I am so very grateful to the Lord for this mission. I'm so happy I still have so much time left!! 

I just want you all to know that I KNOW the Lord is GOOD. I know life is hard, but ''Good timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind the stronger the trees''. And he will not leave us comfortless!! I'm finishing the Old Testament this week and thought i'd share two power verses that I love from the end of the OT. One is in Nahum 1:7 and one in Zephaniah 3:17. They are GREAT! 

Keep your chin up, be obedient, and work hard. 

Hurrah for Israel!!! :) 

-Hermana Schmidt 





No comments:

Post a Comment