Monday, January 5, 2015

Hermana Schmidt Week 15 Letter 1/5/15

From: Nicole Schmidt [mailto:nicole.schmidt@myldsmail.net]
Sent: 01/05/2015 11:26 AM
To: Bunney Schmidt
Subject: Happy "Black" year!! (Whole year in the misión) :)

Hola a todas!

I have found I'm slipping into the missionary trend and I am having less and less to email and say each week. Time is just going toooo fast!! First, we had a meeting this week with some of my CCM Friends which was awesome!! They are all doing a great job... and some can barely speak english. Hoping I don't get to that point too ;)

And as far as the work goes we had AWESOME highlights this week!! I am just so indescribably happy!!

Kevin and Smith came to church!! I almost cried! It was a great testimony meeting and they loved it. The Young men really befriended them which wow... members just make a huge difference! Look for new people in meetings, you never know how much good you can do :) But they BOTH said they want to be baptized the 24th!!! AHHHH. My Little brothers are getting baptized :) And they are just so receptive. We taught them the Word of wisdom and they committed to live it. Well they went home that night and their family made them a lot of coffee and they didn't take it! Wow. I am so impressed with how ready and committed they are to this! :)

Angel is also doing wonderfully. We are in the middle of his stop smoking process but still hoping for the 24th for his baptism :)

I just want to share my testimony about fasting. It really brings about miracles. 1st we saw Angel (after a priesthood blessing) gain an immense amount of hope and faith. Then we saw Smith gain permission from his parents and gain excitement to be baptized! And perhaps the highlight of my whole week was with an inactive member.

We were teaching a less active family and there is an inactive 20 year old son. He never wants to listen or participate, and normally just watches TV when we are there or refuses to want to listen. Well part of my fast was to know how to help the inactives in the Ward, and last night I had some promptings on what to say to him. And all of a sudden, he just completely opened up!! I couldn't believe it. He asked the family to turn off the TV and be quiet and listened the whole lesson, prayed, and participated! WOW. Bringing people to the góspel is really awesome, but also helping people come back is really awesome too!! I am so lucky to be able to witness these miracles and see the light change in people's eyes. It's wonderful.

Well it's now the new year- 2015. I'll be here all year folks :) I couldn't be more excited!! My goals this year are centered around change. How the Lord wants me to change and mold me into a better servant and daughter! I know his grace is sufficent to mold me, help me, and keep me going, as I start this new process in my life of trying to focus on how I can improve, how I can apply the gospel in my life, and that's truly when the Lord can use me as his tool in this work! Here goes the best year ever! :) Love you all, and thanks for all of your support!!

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL :)

Hna Schmidt


Happy New Years

Happy New Years Another Pose

Reunion with Hermana Triplett

No comments:

Post a Comment