Monday, May 25, 2015

Hermana Schmidt Week 35 Letter 05/25/15

From: Nicole Schmidt [mailto:nicole.schmidt@myldsmail.net]
Sent: 05/25/2015 11:35 AM
Subject: Can Missionaries Go Egging? (asking for a friend)

Hola a todos! :) 

First I am so sad to hear about Uncle Bob's passing. He was such an amazing man, and his support for me was exceptional. I am so grateful that he was there for me for really important moments of my life. I know he is doing stellar work on the other side :) 

On a happy note, I am so happy for my little sister danni who got BAPTIZED on Saturday!!! Congrats baby girl. I'm so proud of you! 

Happy birthdays to my second cousin Matthew, and my cousin Michaela (who is turning 18!!) I hope they are great!! 

So we had Daniela's baptism this last Friday and it was just wonderful! It was the easiest baptism I've had for sure as far as stress levels go. Everyone showed up on time, we had the fount and clothes all ready to go, the talks were wonderful, and Daniela was just shining! Her mom even came who isn't a member but told everyone that she fully supported Daniela for her decision and... we are going to be teaching her now! What a blessing! The examples of youth/children really can make a huge difference in a family.

We also have a new 20 year old investigator named Jose Miguel (different from our investigator Jose Manuel in my last letter). He is super interested in the church and his lessons are just so wonderfully POWERFUL! He asks great questions and really listens to know. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he said ''I just can't wait to read it so I can know too!!'' And he came to church! ! ! ! ! He said that he loved it, and he participated a ton in our investigator class. How wonderful! We will be setting a baptismal date with him this week. 

Jose Manuel is progressing little  by little, and is still liking our lessons; However, he's still really attached to the catholic church. We haven't been able to find Diely or Noe but we will keep on trying! :) 

A spiritual high moment this week was a lesson we had with a less-active member named Lorlita. She is in her 80's and really struggling with having hope. She told us in our lesson ''I just don't know if god loves me anymore because I pray and pray and pray for the health to be able to go to church but I just can't escape this pain.'' We then were able to talk with her about the will of the Father, but how it is always out of love. We also talked about how one day, we have the promised blessing of perfect, resurrected bodies, and she will never have this pain again. I looked her in the eyes and really testified of that promised blessing, and I felt the spirit flood over me. In the mission, we are lucky that we can feel the spirit really all the time when we are obedient, but even then, there are still especially wonderful moments with the spirit. This was one of them. With tears running down her face, she said ''I finally have a little bit of hope. Thank you for coming and telling me this. I know God loves me.'' 

That was very special, and something I will never forget. 

Other than that, I was talking to my companion this week about birthday parties. For one of hers, her friends threw a bunch of eggs at her. I told her my mom would never let that happen to me at my house, and how lame it was (sorry mom, you're not lame. You're very intelligent, as I, a 19 year old girl, have come to know even more so now.) Well later on in the week,  I got a call on Wednesday from one of my best friends Sister Jenkins telling me she was going to go home to Utah and do wonderful things there! How awesome that the Lord has a new mission for her there. :) But after talking with her on the phone I left to join the other sisters in our front room and they were talking about something, and I said ''I'm going to go get ready for bed'' and I turned and SMACK. AN EGG WAS SMASHED ON MY HEAD. 

....And the war begun.



...........And


.............................I did not win. 


But then Hermana Flores and Hermana Cabos were washing their hair out after, and they broke the shower. It flooded the egg mess on the floor. 

Fun night. Worst. Cleanup. Ever. 

This is why we should follow our mom's brilliant minds everyone. 

We also were able to watch Meet the Mormon's FINALLY. I loved it!!! I definately cried during the missionary mom part. I am just so grateful for my mom and her sacrifices for me to be here. I am so so so lucky! And I was watching and just thinking, I am the luckiest girl in the planet to be here, preaching the gospel every day! And i just had a sense of awe wash over me, of having the gospel in my life, and of the family I have, and the calling I have now. I just know God is real and loves us and I never want to lose my sense of awe. It really is such a blessing to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives! There is no doubt about it!! 

The church is true and the book is blue my friends.

Hurrah for Israel! :) 

Love Hermana Schmidt :) 

Daniela and Family and Missionaries

Daniela and Family

Daniela and Hermana Schmidt

Daniela and Missionaries

Daniela

Daniela before baptism

Daniela and her best ward friends

Egg Mess

Egg Mess

Roommates

Roommates





No comments:

Post a Comment